The Assess Yourself section shows you how to find job options that match your work skills, interests, and values. Do you know what it takes to manage your career? Then you are ready to assess yourself.
What is self-assessment? An assessment helps you learn about yourself. There are several assessment tools provided on these pages. These tools will ask questions to help you learn about yourself and occupations that fit you. These tools will not tell you what to do. They help you explore options and decide for yourself.
Why should you assess yourself? Assessments allow you to spend time thinking about yourself and to make plans. It is important to know which direction fits you before you look for a job or go to school. After you've assessed yourself:
- You'll make better career and school decisions.
- You can present yourself better to employers.
- You can show employers and schools how your interests, skills, and values fit the job or program.
- You save time and money in your job search.
- You'll be better at your work or school duties.
- You'll have more confidence and happiness.
The need for self-assessment is lifelong.
When you are ready for a new job or thinking about going back to school, take another assessment. You may find that your skills, interests or values changed. Use assessments to help you explore new options.